Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday Summary - July 21 to August 3, 2019

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

I am sitting outside at the in-laws cottage on a very warm summer morning of a long weekend. Coffee at my hand, my dog contentedly exploring  the limits of her tie-out. 

Yesterday while taking my dog Pepper for a walk, I came across this gem.  We have plenty in the city, but it was a real treat to come across it in this tiny lake community! 





Books Reviewed:

The Favorite Daughter, by Kaira Rouda. My review of this thriller full of characters you will love to hate can be found  HERE

Magic For Liars, by Sarah Gailey. A magical mystery is reviewed in THIS POST

Rooms, by Lauren Oliver. A deep and moving ghost story. My review  is HERE.

Ramblings and Miscellany:

The very first Penguin Paperbacks were first published in 1935. Read more in THIS POST.

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

As I have fallen behind in both reading and reviewing, there are two books released this week that I will be reviewing. Chances are by Richard Russo, and The Arrangement,  by Robyn Harding. Stay tuned for those. 

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:
As above, I am currently reading Chances Are by Richard Russo and next on deck is The Arrangement,  by Robyn Harding. 

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment