Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Sunday Summary: December 1, 2019 to January 4, 2020



It is hard to believe another year has passed. 2019 came and went in a blur, and 2020 has arrived so quickly, I have barely had time to process the thought.  The holidays -  which always rush by, seemed to pass even more quickly this year with my step-daughters visiting from out of province. My niece, also from out of province, visited earlier in the month so December was really a blur of last minute shopping, prepping, cooking, baking, decorating and visiting. Tomorrow it is back to our usual routines at our house.  

I hope everyone had a wonderful (if busy) holiday season, and I wish you all the best for 2020.

Last year I was able to post an array of detailed personal reading stats, but to be honest, i simply did not manage to keep my spreadsheet up to date this past year. All I have is my GoodReads stats.  I did (barely) manage to meet my goal, so I am setting the same goal for 2020. Challenging without being unattainable. Really, the goal is to enjoy as many books as I can regardless of what the number is, but I like seeing how the numbers stack up. Do you set a reading goal and/or keep stats?









Click on any of the images below to link to the full review. 










Like most readers, I have my favorite genres. I think sometimes I miss out on good books, or important books by always reaching for my go-to genres and rarely exploring beyond.  For 2020 I thought it would be fun to host a reading challenge to encourage a slight stretching beyond those boundaries.  My #20For2020Reading challenge is an easy one, but one that I hope will see myself (and hopefully others who take the challenge with me) at least sampling at least one or two different choices.  You can see the details of the challenge and the list of 20 prompts by clicking on the image below.  Come join the fun!






Currently, I am reading Dear Edward, by Ann Napolitano, a book about a twelve year old boy who is a sole survivor of a plane crash.  This book is available tomorrow - January 6th, 2020. 

I am currently listening to Whisper Network, by Chandler Baker.

Next on deck will likely be West Of Sin, by Wesley S. Lewis. A story set  against the backdrop of Las Vegas lights and action.

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment