Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sunday Summary August 3rd to September 7th, 2019

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week - Or at least what was supposed to be a week.  It has been longer.

In preparing for vacation, being on vacation, and catching up after vacation at work and at home, and preparing to send my son off to school again, there has been little time or energy for reading, and even less for reviewing and blogging.  I am currently considering re-thinking the frequency of my summary posts. It certainly would make them more interesting at times when I am busy in life and only have one or two posts to reference. Options I am considering include keeping the weekly summary over the majority of the year and suspending during the busy summer months, doing a monthly wrap-up.summary at the end of every month like many others do, or  reducing the frequency of my Sunday Summary and only posting on the Second Sunday of every month. I will likely choose one of the latter two options for the sake of keeping some consistency over the course of the year. 

My last summary posted was August 4th and was itself a two-week summary instead of one.  More reason to consider new options. 

School has just started again, and we are clumsily falling back into our routine here. How about you? 

Well, enough said, we are here now, so let's look at what happened since the last summary!

Books Reviewed:

The Lucky Ones, by Tiffany Reisz. You can read my review of this story with themes of morality and romantic undertones HERE

The Arrangement, by Robyn Harding. My review of this taut, highly enjoyable thriller can be found in THIS POST

Chances Are, by Richard Russo.  This engaging character driven literary mystery was reviewed in my post which you can read HERE.

Thirteen, by Steve Cavanagh. A nail-biter of a legal thriller.  Read my review in THIS POST.

The Innocents, by Michael Crummey. A deeply moving and engaging historical fiction about life on the rocky Newfoundland shore for two young orphans. My review is HERE

Ramblings and Miscellany:

Not much to report here. As I said, finding time to even read has been a struggle lately.  I did post a 2-for-1 meme on social media celebrating Read A Book Day on September 6th and Buy A Book Day on September 7th. 



Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released Recently:

The Arrangement, by Robyn Harding (link to review above under "Books Reviewed") was released July 30th. 

Thirteen, by Steve Cavanagh (also linked above under "Books Reviewed") was released August 13th

(This section is better when I am not so behind in my reading and reviews - I'm working on it!)

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January, by Alix E. Harrow. 
I am currently listening to The Night Tiger, by Yangsze Choo

I have several great books on deck including 29 Seconds, by T. M. Logan, The Butterfly Girl, by Rene Denfeld (the sequel to The Child Finder), Siege and Sacrifice (Numina Book 3), by Charlie N. Holmberg, Right After The Weather, by Carol Anshaw, and several more ARCs as well as some previously published works by Indie and small press authors.

Until next time.

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment