Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday Summary: October 5th to November 2nd, 2019













Wow, October flew by in a blur! 

As a Canadian, I celebrated thanksgiving in October. This year, thanksgiving was accompanied by an early winter storm. Trees were heavily damaged, some ripped out by their roots, and our city was estimating 20, 000 to 30,000 trees damaged.  A lot of people lost power during the storm, and many did not have theirs restored for days or weeks.  I kept my phone, Kindle, and rechargeable book-light charged "just in case", but we were fortunate to not have had any interruption to our power. We were even more lucky that my husband''s close call with a heavy tree limb was nothing more than that - a close call. 

Of course, October is also time for Halloween! I enjoyed seeing all the little kids coming to our door.  My own son had a bookish costume this year as he became Harry Potter for a day☺






Click on any of the cover images below to be taken to the corresponding Last Page Turned review! 




















I am currently reading A Brightness Long Ago, by Guy Gavriel Kay.and I am currently listening to The Book Of Dreams, by Nina George

I have reviews pending for The Perfect Stranger, by Megan Miranda, and I See You, by Claire Mackintosh.

Notable titles on deck include Ninth House, by Leigh Bardugo. 

Happy reading, 
Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment