Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Sunday Summary November 3 - November 30, 2019



Well, another month has come and gone.  This time of year is always hectic. As I write this, I am just home from my son's 8th birthday party.  I give little thought to Christmas until after his birthday (I never wanted his birthday to become lost in the holiday shuffle), but once his birthday has been celebrated, I know that the holidays will come and go in a blur of stress and excitement.  It is a perfect time to read - even just a little. While I may not have a lot of time to read, I find it grounds me and offers me an opportunity to slow down and de-stress when I need it most. 

By the time the next Sunday Summary is posted, it will be all over but the clean-up as they say,  so let me take a moment to wish you the best of the holiday season. Whatever traditions you celebrate, I hope you feel a reason to celebrate (even if it is just life itself) and loved ones to celebrate with. Wishing everyone good health and good fortune, and hoping that the new year sees us being a little kinder to each other globally. I think the world really needs a little more kindness. 




Click on any of the images below to be linked to the full review.











November 10th was world Keratoconus day.  Keratoconus is a debilitating and progressive eye disease.  You can read more about this disease, the symptoms and warning signs, as well as how having Keratoconus has affected my reading experience by clicking the image below.







I am currently reading Follow Me, by Kathleen Barber, a thriller for the Instagram age! 

I am currently in between audiobooks. 

I have many titles on my list that I am excited to get into.  Depending on my moods for whichever genre at the time, these are the books I will be diving into next:

When We Were Vikings, by Andrew David MacDonald, a book described by the publisher as: "A heart-swelling debut for fans of The Silver Linings Playbook and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time." - Available January 28th from Simon & Schuster Canada. 

West Of Sin, by Wesley S. Lewis - A mystery/Thriller set it in the exciting city of Las Vegas. - Available February 4th, from Books Go Social

Master Of Sorrows, by Justin T. Call - this fantasy is one of my most anticipated for early 2020. A fantasy in which the main character may not be our hero, but instead a dark power. - Available February 25th, from Blackstone Publishing.

There is more - including some previously released titles from Indie/small press authors to fit in as time allows between ARCs, and as always, more on the way!

Happy Reading,
Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment