Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sunday Summary October 14 to 20, 2018

Sunday Summary 

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

As we quickly slide through October with Pumpkin Spiced Everything, Halloween will soon be upon us.  I am thinking that if I can find a bookish or literary template within my skills, I might do a pumpkin carving in that theme.  Have you ever carved a bookish pumpkin? Do you have favorite ghostly stories that you enjoy this time of year?  Drop a comment and let me know!


Books Reviewed:

FOREVER AND A DAY, by Anthony Horowitz. You can see what I thought of the latest James Bond/007 installment HERE.

STILL WATER, by Amy Stuart. I reviewed this suspense novel in THIS POST.

THE SATURDAY NIGHT GHOST CLUB, by Craig Davidson. Now one of my favorite books of 2018, you can read about it HERE.

Ramblings and Miscellany:

While there were no blog posts in this category,, there were social media posts that were fun!  On Monday I took part in #MondayFunday with a meme/post in which you took the title of your current read, and added "In Your Pants". This post earned some pretty entertaining responses in Instagram - you can see them on MY INSTAGRAM PAGE. 

On a sad note, Todd Bol the creator of the Little Free Library Movement died at the age of 62 this past week.  What a legacy though, to share literature with the world! Credit for this info to GoodReads through THIS TWEET. RIP Mr. Bol
Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

Nothing to report in this category this past week.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading HANNAH GREEN AND HER UNFEASIBLY MUNDANE EXISTENCE, by Michael Marshall Smith, and I am currently listening to THE CHILD FINDER, by Rene Denfield.  Next up to read is what may very well be my most anticipated novel of the year - a dark fantasy entitled VITA NOSTRA, by Maryna and Serhiy Dyachenko.  This is a translation of their book which has already done very well amongst Russian and Ukrainian markets.  I am quite excited to be reading this one next!

Happy Reading,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment