Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2018

SUNDAY SUMMARY - November 11 -17, 2018




Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

I cannot believe how quickly the month of November is flying by! It seems like I was just dressing up my son and handing out treats for Halloween, and now everywhere I go, there are clear signs that Christmas and other winter observances will soon be upon us. I really would love to slow things down, just a tad. I am so not ready!

Books Reviewed:

I reviewed two books this week.

VITA NOSTRA, by Marina and Sergey Dyachenko.  My review of this unique and stunning book can be found HERE

WASHINGTON BLACK, by Esi Edugyan - This book has been shortlisted for both the Man Booker Prize, and the Giller Prize.  My review can be found in This Post.

Ramblings and Miscellany:



With it being a "short week" as Monday was treated as a holiday in observance of Remembrance Day which fell on a Sunday this year, I didn't post in this category this week.

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

While I always attempt to post my ARC reviews prior to publication date, this past week saw me sliding in with my review right on the publication date of VITA NOSTRA, by Marina and Sergey Dyachenko.  The link to this review is in the "books reviewed" section above. 

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I have just finished an audiobook titled LIGHTS ON THE SEA, by Miquel Reina, but have not yet completed my review - look for it to be posted soon! I haven't chosen my next audiobook yet.  I am currently reading LYING IN  WAIT, by Liz Nugent.  On deck next for reading is WATCHING YOU, by Lisa Jewell, which will likely wrap up my ARCs that will publish in 2018!  2019 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for books! So many great titles announced already. I already have some great titles lined up for reading.

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment