Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday Summary, November 18 - 24, 2018


Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

November is flying by at lightening speed.  As the last days of November fly by in a blur, I am realizing that December is less than a week away and I am so very ill prepared.  

We celebrate Christmas at our house (more out of tradition than religion). Donning my Santa hat, at least one hard to find gift was purchased online. Alas, that gift is now in the hands of the striking Canada Post workers. I do try to buy what I can in person, but that seems to be getting more and more difficult in this city. There are fewer stores to shop at, and the stock is not always available. Wish Santa luck - I do not want a very good little boy to be disappointed Christmas morning. At least the strikes are currently rotating and not a complete walk-out, and there is some time to work with. I did order a Christmas themed book for our Elf on the Shelf to bring for my son's birthday with that package, but if it doesn't arrive in time for his birthday, it will just end up under the tree.  I know he will like PETE THE CAT'S 12 GROOVY DAYS OF CHRISTMAS, by Kimberly and James Dean because he asked for it at his school book fair the other day.  I had already ordered it so i turned his attention to a Lego book - SUPER SHARKS, by Penelope Arlon, and a Harry Potter pen.  

So much to do, so little time.  Every body's lament these days - I am an good company. 

Books Reviewed:

LIGHTS ON THE SEA, by Miquel Reina. I reviewed this delightful diversion in THIS POST. 

THE FIRST FAMILY, by Daniel Palmer - son of the late Michael Palmer. You can read my review of this Medical Thriller HERE.

LYING IN WAIT, by Liz Nugent. This book will be released in Canada on Tuesday.  You can read my ARC review of  this chilling thriller in THIS POST.

Ramblings Social Media, and Miscellany:

This week I went to social media with #ThreeWords


I was still reading LYING IN WAIT at the time so my own answer was; Creepy, Dark, and Devious.

#FridayFunFact was also on my social media this week.  Since I am a book nerd (and if you are reading this you probably are too), it seemed fitting to examine the origin of the word "nerd". 
Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

None  this past week.  

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading an e-ARC of WATCHING YOU, by Lisa Jewell which will have its Canadian pub date on Boxing Day. 

I am currently listening to ALL THINGS CONSOLED = A DAUGHTER'S MEMOIR, by Elizabeth Hay. One of those forays into a genre I only visit occasionally, but I try not to limit my reading choices too rigidly. 😊

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment