Search This Blog

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Review: The Need, by Helen Phillips

The Need, by Helen Phillips

Simon & Schuster - Available July 9th, 2019
Horror
Print
272 Pages
* I received this review copy courtesy of Simon & Schuster in exchange of an honest review. This does not influence the following opinions which are my own.


My Rating (out of 5)
⭐⭐⭐⭐


I have to say, it took me some time to write my review of this book. This was one of those books I needed to sit with and digest after finishing. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

Molly is a mother of two young children. Her husband travels for his work, leaving Molly to juggle the demands of motherhood and her own career as a paleobotanist. 

When Molly hears footsteps in the house she initially dismisses it as the workings of her fatigued mind, but then she catches a glimpse of movement out of the corner of her eye and she knows she is not alone in the house with her children.

Molly is desperate to protect her children from the intruder, but can you defend against someone who seems to know absolutely everything about you?

The story was unique and imaginative. Phillip's has created a story that spoke to the mother in me and really gave her the creeps. 

Happy Reading, 
Christine 
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-need/9781982130206-item.html?ikwid=the+need+by+helen+phillips&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0
https://www.amazon.ca/Need-Helen-Phillips/dp/1982130202/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1562122293&sr=8-1


No comments:

Post a Comment