Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Summary: July 14 - 20, 2019

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

Well, Mother Nature has been making up for the cool June weather with some serious heat now. On the prairies, heat means THUNDERSTORMS!  I love a good thunderstorm. Unfortunately (for me), all the ones that have come lately have been while I was at work. I really feel the need to sit on the couch staring out of the window while the house rattles and shakes and the sky lights up.  Prairie thunderstorms can be epic!  Of course the drawback to all this is the humidity. Several of my son's daycare outdoor field-trips have been cancelled due to high humidex levels. Only a few more weeks before vacation and a few weeks outside the city at my husband's family cottage.  I am ready now 😊☀🏖🍹

Books Reviewed:

All Is Not Forgotten, by Wendy Walker. This thriller explores the dynamics of memory and trauma. You can read my review HERE.

The Toll, by Cherie Priest. My review of this creepy jaunt through the swamplands of the south is in THIS POST

Ramblings and Miscellany:

My ramblings on unfinished book series was posted this week. You can read the post HERE.


Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

None this week. 

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading Chances Are, by Pulitzer Prize winning author Richard Russo. I am currently listening to Rooms, by Lauren Oliver. 

I still have several reviews pending, including a review of Magic For Liars, by Sarah Gailey.

On deck is Canadian Author Robyn Harding's latest offering - The Arrangement.

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment