Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2018

Ramblings: Friday 5 - If I Won The Lottery - Bookish Edition

Friday 5

If I won the lottery - The Bookish Edition


Have you ever dreamt about winning the lottery?  Of course you have! Who hasn't dreamt  of all the things they could do if money was no object?! Where would you live? What would you drive? Which fancy, celebrity chef owned restaurants would you dine at? So many things to do, places to see, and items that are our hearts desire. 

Today I am listing the top five bookish things I would do if I won the lottery.

1. Find and purchase a signed mint condition copy of NEVERWHERE by Neil Gaiman.  As one of my favorite books, this would be a real treasure to me. 

2. To house this book and the many others to follow, I would build the ultimate personal library in my home.  You all have your own version of it.  Mine would have a windowless but well decorated area to protect the books, complete with a rolling ladder.  There would an open passageway to transition to a sunny well lit area with a big comfy chair and french doors onto a lovely balcony.  Sigh...

3. I would go to England and visit platform 9 ¾ of Harry Potter fame, and Ashdown Forrest - Home of Winnie the Pooh. 



4. Hobbiton New Zealand! 'Nuff said!



5.  A trip to New York would also be in order.  Here the main attraction would have to be The Strand Bookstore! I will have to wear comfortable shoes, as I am pretty sure I would be lost in the store for hours!  Ever since seeing a video about the store, it has been on my bucket list! You can see that video below.






Of course this is not the complete list of bookish things I would do, just my top 5 this Friday. 
If you will excuse me, I need to by some lottery tickets! Have a great weekend!

Happy reading (and dreaming!)
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment