Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Summary - July 1 -to 7, 2018

Sunday Summary - July 1 to 7, 2018

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

Well, summer is in full swing now. School is out and it is HOT! Sunscreen and icy cold drinks are a must for spending time outside.  Living on the prairies this kind of heat wave comes with the most tremendous thunderstorms.  They are truly spectacular!  The fence building project that was supposed to take 4 days or so, is now on day 12....I think it is close to completion now though - thank goodness!  Real life will always demand i put down the book I am reading, but I would rater do  it to take my son to a splash pad or fly a kite, than go on another Home Depot errand, or get tools, or hold boards, etc.

What happened on the blog this week?  Let's take a look!


Books Reviewed:


SON OF A TRICKSTER, by Eden Robinson











THE RULES OF MAGIC, by Alice Hoffman










Ramblings and Miscellany:


July 1st was Canada Day!

Some of my favorite CanLit



















Birthday 


Rohinton Mistry, one of the authors represented in my CanLit photo, celebrated a birthday on July 3.  You can read that post Here




















Calendar Trivia

The Significance of July 4 to THE ADVENTURES OF ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Read that post Here





Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:


None this week, but as always there are some coming up.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:




I am currently reading GIRLS NIGHT OUT, by Liz Fenton, and Lisa Steinke


I am currently listening to THE WIFE BETWEEN US, by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

Up next I will be reading an ARC of WITH YOU ALWAYS, by Rena Olsen. I also have a copy of THE CULT ON FOG ISLAND, by Mariette Lindstein which I have been looking forward to, among others.

Get out there and enjoy summer! Remember to put a good book in your beach bag, or take an ice cold beverage and book outside with you!

Happy Summer Reading!
Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment