Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2018

Sunday Summary August 5th - 11th, 2018

Sunday Summary 

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

I am a little embarrassed to say that my ideas about summer reading, and my current reality do not coincide.

I come by my ideas quite honestly though. In my younger days as a single 20-something year old, I would grab a bag of groceries and a bag of clothes and a bag of books and head out to my parents secluded cottage. Nothing to do all day but enjoy the fresh air and sunshine and read. I cried when my mother decided to sell that little piece of paradise.

Now, the older version of me needs to make multiple stops for groceries and supplies, do mountains of laundry, prepare 3 different meals a day for the week leading into holidays since my 6 year old is only a slightly more fussy eater than my husband who was working nights and eating at a different time. By the time I have 10 uninterrupted minutes to myself I am too tired to focus on the words and get only a few pages read before drifting off to sleep.

Now that my vacation has started, my two stepdaughters have arrived, and we are at my husband's family cottage with good friends just a few doors down. Our days are spent doing minor repairs and watching the children frolicking in the water, and our evenings are filled with cribbage and dominoes. Again falling into bed, too tired to focus. But children and friends are treasures.

 I have a little time in the morning, but I have to choose whether to read or review/blog. I am behind in my reviews, but with no Internet, typing on my phone is slow.

My TBR stack taunts me.

Aannnnd as I complete this post, I realize that it is MONDAY not Sunday and I am late. 







Books Reviewed:

Only one review posted last week.
You can read the review for IF YOU KNEW HER, by Emily Elgar HERE


Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am finished SEA WITCH, by Sarah Henning and CROSS HER HEART, by Sarah Pinborough and reviews will be or have been posted.

On deck is FEAST, by Broms the Poet and LIES, by T.M. Logan.

I will be taking a hiatus from audio books while on vacation as I am not commuting to and from work. 

Wishing you warm summer nights filled with the company of good people - fictional or otherwise. 

Happy reading,
Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment