Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2018

'Sunday Summary - September 16 - 22, 2018

Sunday Summary 

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.


It is a cool and rainy fall here on the prairies.  After such a dry summer it is hard to feel  disappointed by the rain - better late than never as they say.  Our farmers will appreciate it come spring = if we don't get unusual amounts of snow in the coming months.

With the cold wet weather comes thoughts of hot tea and good books.  I will be moving my elderly mother from her recently sold house of several decades, to an apartment closer to me.  My next few weeks may be a bit of a rough ride, but soon it will be all done and better for both of us.  The apartment block I plan to arrange for her has an active seniors group, and in their "room" they even have a small lending library.  While my love of reading was fostered by several people along the way, my mother did set an example, as she spent hours with her nose buried in German romance books. I can only hope that at some point my son finds a love of reading too.



Books Reviewed:

Since my last weekly update, I have only reviewed 1 book. You can read my review of TRICKSTER DRIFT, by Eden Robinson Here.  This is a sequel to SON OF A TRICKSTER - my review for that is linked in the current book review.

Ramblings and Miscellany:

While there were no blog posts of ramblings this week, I did take to social media with birthday wishes for GAME OF THRONES author George R. R. Martin. Also, yesterday was Hobbit Day. Did you celebrate with second breakfast? I did!



Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

i KNOW YOU KNOW, by Gilly MacMillan, review Here

THE PROMISE, by Katerina Diamond, review Here.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

My current read, THE SEVEN DEATHS OF EVELYN HARDCASTLE, by Stuart Turton was published this week.  I am almost finished reading it, and I will be posting my review soon.

I will also be posting my review of the audio book edition of  THE OUTSIDER, by Stephen King, which I just finished.

Next on my reading list is THE SICILIAN WOMAN'S DAUGHTER, by Linda Lo Scuro.  A Mystery-Thriller set around the women in Mob life.  A rather interesting take as the women are not usually cast as primary characters in writing about mobsters and organized crime. Many more new and exciting titles on deck after that.   It is hard not to rush through one, just to get to the next!

Happy Fall Y'all! and Happy Reading
Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment