Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunday Summary - September 23 - 29, 2018

Sunday Summary for September 23 - 29, 2018

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

September is all but over and before you know it, the tick-or-treaters will be at your at your door. Just yesterday I bought our goodies for handing out (if you wait too long the good stuff is gone!). Hot tea for me and hot chocolate for my son (6) for reading time now.  We are falling into our usual routine of a trip to the library every three weeks, only now the focus is on finding books for him to read to me, insead of the other way around.  
I still read to him though - every night.  Lately we have been reading from the HARRY POTTER series every night at bedtime, and currently we are on CHAMBER OF SECRETS.

So, onto what I have been reading for myself this past week!

Books Reviewed:

THE OUTSIDER, by Stephen King.  Perhaps I should have saved the creepy tale for closer to halloween! You can check out my reviiew Here.

THE SEVEN DEATHS OF EVELYN HARDCASTLE, by Stuart Turton. This amazingly original was on my hot-list to read this season.  You can see the review for that book Here

THREE DAYS MISSING, by Kimberly Belle.  This thriller plays on a parent's worst nightmare.  You can see my review Here.


Ramblings and Miscellany:

I hate to say that I just wasn't feeling inspired to post any miscellaneous posts this week.  Busy at work, busy with my elderly mother moving at the end of October, and the usual home & family activities, have left me eking by as best I can for now, and I am just happy to find a little time to read and review.

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

Nothing to report here this week.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I have finished the audio book edition of THE LAST TIME I LIED, by Riley Sager. Review is pending.

I am currently reading a book entitled THE TRAVELLING CAT CHRONICLES, by Hiro Arikawa. I suspecct that before the end, I will require tissue.

I am currently listening to UPROOTED, by Naomi Novik.  I enjoyed SPINNING SILVER so much, I just had to get this one!

My TBR is always changing, as I add new books and adjust the order I plan to read them to coincide with pending release dates, as I make every effort to finish reading an ARC before the release date.  As it currently stands, next on deck to read is HANNAH GREEN AND HER UNFEASIBLY MUNDANE EXISTENCE, by Michael Marshall Smith.  There are just so many great books coming out! 

Perhaps one day soon, I may slip in a book that is not an ARC! I have a stack of books waiting for me, and a list about a mile long of books I would like to add.

Happy Reading,
Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment