Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Summary - April 14 - 27, 2019


Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

Well, actually for the past two weeks. Last weekend was Easter weekend, and with the shopping, cooking, dying Easter eggs, hiding Easter treasures, and family gathering, I totally missed posting last Sunday.  





I hope that those who celebrate it had a wonderful Easter filled with family and friends.

Books Reviewed:

Myths & Mortals, by Charlie N. Holmberg. This is book 2 of the Numina series, and you can read my review HERE.

The Dreamers, by Karen Thompson Walker. My review of this dreamy diversion can be found in THIS POST.


Beautiful Bad, by Annie Ward. Click HERE to read my review of this thriller. 


The Editor, by Steven Rowley.  A warm and poignant tale set in 1990's New York. You can read my review in THIS POST.


Ramblings and Miscellany:



On April 23rd we celebrated world book day! There are so many great books being written all the time. World book day is a reminder to search out books written by authors who come from different cultures and languages.  There are some really great books out there that have been translated to English from other languages. I have fallen in love with books that were originally written in Japanese, Russian, and Spanish among others.

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

April 16th saw two books previously reviewed on this blog as ARCs being released. 

Myths & Mortals, by Charlie N. Holmberg - Review is linked above in the "Books Reviewed" section.

The Binding, by Bridget Collins. This story of love and magic with the absolutely stunning cover was reviewed HERE.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading Romanov, by Nadine Brandes. 

I am currently listening to The Mother-In-Law, by Sally Hepworth. 

I have a review pending on I Know Who You Are, by Alice Feeney

The Night Before, by Wendy Walker is deck to be read soon.

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment