Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday Summary, April 28 - May 4, 2019

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

I can't believe that April has come and gone! It is still pretty cool now - we even saw a few snow flakes today, May usually brings the warmer weather. Soon it will be enjoying cold bevvys on the deck with a good book instead of tea and a blanket on the couch. 

So, let's look at the books!  

Books Reviewed:

Only two reviews posted this week.

First is a thriller by Alice Feeney called I Know Who You Are. This is Feeney's second novel, and is a great read. You can see my review HERE.

Next is great new YA title that marries historical fact with magical fiction to create a stunning read!  Romanov, by Nadine Brandes is a fantasy book with the main character being the historically real Anastasia Romanov and the rest of the Russian royal family who were massacred during the Bolshevik uprising.  You can read my review of this fantasy title in THIS POST.

Ramblings and Miscellany:

This past week had a lot of geekish delights to note.  Last Sunday saw the battle of Winterfell for those that follow Game of Thrones. It seemed to be all that anyone was talking about on Monday morning! Of course there were a few characters lost during the battle, it is Game of Thrones after all! This was not the only epic battle for book nerds and Fantasy lovers to note this past week. 

May 2nd marks the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts! The battle was fought in 1998. Wands up for the characters who fell in that final battle against "he who should not be named".

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

None this week.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading The Night Before, by Wendy Walker, and I am currently listening to The Murmur of Bees, by Sofia Segovia and narrated by Simon Bruni. 

I have reviews pending for Dessert Flowers, by Paul Pen and translated by Simon Bruni, and The Mother-In-Law, by Sally Hepworth.

Looking forward, I have several ARC requests pending, so much depends on what titles I am granted and what their publish dates are, but some of the titles on my list already include The Philosophy of Ruin, by Nicholas Mancusi, and a couple of indie/small press titles - Dreamland, by Nick Clausen and The Last Straw, by Ed Duncan.which I will be slotting in as time allows. 

That is it for this week!

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment