Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sunday Summary: May 5th - 11th, 2019

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week

Books Reviewed:

Only two reviews posted this week. Between Game Of Thrones on Sundays, and My son's soccer on Mondays and Wednesdays, and his swimming on Thursdays, May is shaping up to be a slow reading and/or reviewing month for me. Oh well, you do what you can, and as much as I love to read, I wouldn't trade him for anything.

The Mother-In-Law, by Sally Hepworth. This thriller has a certain perception and depth that is always welcome in the genre. You can read my review HERE.

Desert Flowers, by Paul Pen, translated by Simon Bruni. I love Pen's writing. I was happy to find that another of his books was translated into English - I was not disappointed by it.  My review is in THIS POST.

Ramblings and Miscellany:



Happy Mother's Day!  Motherhood takes on many forms that transcend mere biology and gender. If you have a mothering spirit, I salute you on this special day.

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

The wonderful YA Historical Fantasy Romanov was released this past week. Based on the ream life historical figure Anastasia Romonov.  You can read my review HERE.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I have reviews pending for The Night Before, by Wendy Walker and The Murmur OF Bees, by Sofia Segovia, translated by Simon Bruni. 

I am currently reading an ARC of Ask Again, Yes, by Mary Beth Keane, and listening to Westside, by W.M. Akers.

On deck to read is an ARC of Sorcery Of Thorns,  by Margaret Rogerson. 

I hope everyone has a chance to spend some time with the special Moms in their life today. 

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment