Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sunday Summary - May 19th to 25th, 2019


Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

May is a busy month here. Soccer two nights a week, swimming lessons once a week, Mother's Day, and no less than four family birthdays, all but one of which are celebrated twice. Whew! Getting my reviews written and posted has been a challenge to say the least. As such this week's summary will be very short and sweet.


Books Reviewed:

I only managed to post one review this week.

Brother, by David Chariandy. This book was short-listed for this year's CBC Canada Reads competition.  You can see my thoughts on this CanLit title in THIS POST

Ramblings and Miscellany:


May 22 was Sherlock Holmes Day. Read more about that HERE

On May 25th we went on social media to give a nod to Douglas Adams on Towel Day. Fans of HHGTTG will understand. 



Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

No books previously reviewed on the blog were released this week. 

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I have a few reviews pending - Ask Again, Yes, by Mary Beth Keane - which I will be dropping today or tomorrow, My Sister The Serial Killer, by Oyinkan Braithwaite and The Suspect, by Fiona Barton.

I am currently reading Sorcery of Thorns, by Margaret Rogerson. I am in-between audiobooks and have not yet chosen my next title. 

Next up will be The Philosophy Of Ruin, by Nicholas Mancusi. 

I don't know if it is as unseasonably cold everywhere else as it is here, but I hope a proper spring will arrive soon!

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment