Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sunday Summary - June 2nd to 8th, 2019


Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

Ahhh June. The weather is glorious, even the storms - there is nothing like a prairie thunderstorm!  Time to get outside and enjoy our brief summer! Fortunately, books are portable and so is my Kindle! 

Books Reviewed:

The Suspect, by Fiona Barton. You can read my review of this stand-alone featuring Barton's character Kate Waters HERE.

The Better Sister, by Alafair Burke. I reviewed this thriller in THIS POST.

Ramblings and Miscellany:

I admit, I have been slacking in this department lately. This time of year is so demanding of my time with Soccer twice a week, and swimming once a week, and my son just wanting to get outside - and me wanting him to get outside! Swimming just wrapped up, but soccer goes to the end of the month (as does school of course).

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

Sorcery Of Thorns was released this week.  Unfortunately I did not have a review ready prior to pub-day.  I have finished reading this book and a review will be posted soon.  Heads-up - I really enjoyed it! 

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I have a few reviews pending of books I finished this week, The Conjoined by Jen Sookfong Lee, and the above mentioned Sorcery Of Thorns, by Margaret Rogerson. 

I am currently reading A Philosophy of Ruin, by Nicholas Mancusi,. I am currently in-between audiobooks


Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment