Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday Summary - June 9th to 15th, 2019

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.



Wishing all the Dads, step-dads, foster-dads, special uncles, father-figures, and doggie-daddies a very special day! 

Wow! June is half-way done and school is starting to wind up! Time is flying by - as it does every year when the warm weather is finally upon us - or supposed to be at least. My son's school library is no longer checking books out and all books must be returned by Tuesday. Our trips to our local library will be even more important to us now  - thank goodness for our vibrant library system.  I also made sure to place an order through scholastic. Is there anyone who doesn't remember the joy of receiving scholastic books growing up?  

Books Reviewed:

Only two reviews posted this week. 

First up is Sorcery of Thorns, by Margaret Rogerson. This stunning YA fantasy was a 5-star read for me.  Read my review HERE.

The Conjoined, by Jen Sookfong Lee. you can read my review of this wonderful and touching  piece of Canadian fiction in THIS POST


Ramblings and Miscellany:




Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

Nothing to report this week.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

Reviews pending on  Miracle Creek, by Angie Kim, The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge, by M. T. Anderson, and The Philosophy Of Ruin, by Nicholas Mancusi.

I will be starting to read The Need, by Helen Phillips today, and I am currently listening to Tempests And Slaughter, by Tamora Pierce. 

On deck is The Toll, by Cherie Priest - described as a Southern gothic horror novel. 

What are you reading this week?

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment