Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday Summary June 17 to 23, 2018

Sunday Summary - June 17 to 23, 2018

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

If one were inclined to use the thermometer as a gauge, I would have to say that summer has arrived in our area.

My husband and our neighbor are replacing the fence that separates our properties.  They were running to the hardware store to pick up a few things and i was asked to keep an eye on the tools and lumber.  You know how it is in the city...things sprout legs and walk away - even if like us, you live in a decent area, somehow things can still walk.  So I sat on the deck with some iced tea and my tablet to read.  I was suddenly reminded about the greatest drawback to reading on the tablet - THE GLARE.  i used to have a Kindle (the old 3G connected model) and glare was never a problem, but a tablet can do several file types, and is just generally more multi-functional.  I don't have to set up the laptop to do some quick banking or send a short email.  In fact, thanks to a bluetooth keyboard, I pretty much do everything from my tablet. I even do my blogging from my tablet and the keyboard is so slim and compact, it tucks away very easily when not in use. I might have to try an anti-glare screen protector for the summer months.  If I do that, I will let you know how well it works or doesn't as the case may be.


Books Reviewed:

A HOME FOR UNWANTED GIRLS, by Joanna Goodman
Click here for review

ONE LITTLE LIE, by Sam Carrington
Click herre for review

Ramblings:



The Last Page Turned Book Blog wished author Dan Brown a Happy Birthday!
Click here to see the post

Why I Should not be unsupervised in a bookstore.
Click here for post


Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

BRING ME BACK, by B.A. Paris was released on the 19th.  You can find my review Here

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading SON OF A TRICKSTER, by Eden Robinson, and in a bit of a leap of faith, I already have an advance reading copy of TRICKSTER DRIFT in the wings, among others. I also picked up some print editions from the bookstore, as mentioned in a recent post/photo, and a couple of others might have fallen into my cart while at Walmart today!

One more week of school.  I am adding new books to my son's collection in an effort to keep reading a little exciting for him over the summer.  Hope the sun is shining on you wherever you are!

Happy Reading,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment