Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunday Summary - June 10 - 16, 2018

Sunday Summary - June 10 - 16, 2018

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

School wraps up in two weeks here.  I Will be left with the challenge of keeping my six-year-old engaged in reading over the summer break.  I hope someday he sees it as a pleasure, but for now, it is still a little hard for him. And in typical six year old fashion, if it is hard, he would rather not.  Wish me luck! Armed with a library card, I will persevere!

So on to the summary of this past week here on The Last Page Turned Book Blog!


Books Reviewed:

THE SUBSTITUTE, by Nicole Lundrigan
Click here for the Review of THE SUBSTITUTE


PIECES OF HER, by Karin Slaughter
Click here for Review of PIECES OF HER


SOMETHING IN THE WATER, by Catherine Steadman
Click here for Review of SOMETHING IN THE WATER

Ramblings and Miscellany:




I had not posted any general ramblings or calendar events this past week, but today is Father's Day! I would certainly be remiss if I were to let that go unmentioned.  To all the wonderful fathers out there, doing their best - sometimes under difficult circumstances, I salute you and wish you the best!
It goes without saying that this extends to Grandfathers, Step-fathers, those special uncles who get involved and step up, and even the single mothers who are trying to fill both parental roles.  I hope you all enjoy this special day!


Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week: 

WE ARE WHERE THE NIGHTMARES GO AND OTHER STORIES was available on June 12, 2018.
Click for Review

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

Currently Reading ONE LITTLE LIE, by Sam Carrington

I am currently torn as to which audio book to start next....I guess I will have to "flip a coin" later today to make sure I have one available for my morning commute.

As always i have an ever-changing TBR list of ARCs on deck including GIRLS NIGHT OUT, by Liz Fenton and Lisa Stienke.

I  hope everyone is enjoying this Father's day weekend.

Wishing you good things to read,
Christine






General thoughts and closing...Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment