Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sunday Summary - December 16 to 29, 2018

Sunday Summary

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

December has been very busy for many of us.  I am sure I am not the only one who found all the prepping, shopping, family gatherings, and socializing taxing my time, and having both of our vehicles in the shop this month did not help. Ah well, such is life sometimes. I hope you have had a wondrous holiday season, filled with good friends, good food, and good times.

This edition of the Sunday Summary covers two weeks again, as I was simply unable to find the time to even get reviews done in a timely manner this month, let alone the summaries - I barely found the time to read!.  I am just now about caught up on my reviews - I finished a book late last night that I still need to write a review for. 

I do really enjoy the holidays, but I am looking forward to the return to my normal routines and pace.

So, without any further preamble, here we go!


Books Reviewed:

THE WINTERS, by Lisa Gabriele. This book starts with a stunning opening line, and kept me engaged and eager for more until the end! You can read my review in THIS POST.

A SPARK OF LIGHT, by Jodi Picoult. Never one to shy away from controversial topics, Picoult has written a story set in a Woman's Health Clinic that is sure to have people thinking and talking.  You can read my review HERE.

THE OTHER WOMAN, by Sandi Jones. A mother and a fiance square off in battle of wits and wills in this page turner. My review can be found HERE.

A MAP OF DAYS, by Ransom Riggs. This is book 4 in the series MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN. Jacob Portman and his peculiar friends are now in America! Read more about this latest installment of this series in THIS POST.

Ramblings and Miscellany:
Best wishes of the season to all!


I wish you all good happiness, good health, and good fortune for 2019!

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

WATCHING YOU, by Lisa Jewell had its pub-day on Boxing Day!  I so enjoyed her previous novel THEN SHE WAS GONE.  You can find my review of her latest offering HERE
.
Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

Last night I finished AN ANONYMOUS GIRL, by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, authors of THE WIFE BETWEEN US.  Review is pending and will be posted soon.

I am currently reading THE ANTIDOTE, by Shelley Sackier; a YA Fantasy that is due out February 5th.

I am currently listening to TEAR ME APART, by J.T. Ellison, author of LIE TO ME.

My next read will be an e-ARC of DON'T WAKE UP, by Liz Lawler, which is also being published on February 5th.

Well, that is it for this week.  I wish you all a Very Happy New Year.  I hope you have many amazing books to read in 2019!

Happy Reading,
Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment