Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sunday Summary - December 2 to 15, 2018

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.


December - 'tis the season.  The season of shopping, cleaning, traffic delays, winter concerts, baking,  So much to do, so little time. This is a two week summary because, to be honest, I have fallen behind in writing my reviews and have not been posting much else either.  I love this time of year, but I also look forward to a return to our usual pace around here.  I hope your holiday planning and prep is going well for you.

Books Reviewed:

Since i last posted a summary I have posted reviews for the following books.

AN UNWANTED GUEST, by Shari Lapena. Lapena's latest has an old fashioned feel to it.  Somewhat reminiscent of the old Agatha Christie style. You can read more about this book at THIS POST

WATCHING YOU, by Lisa Jewell. If you liked THEN SHE WAS GONE, you will enjoy her latest book. It will be released (in Canada) on boxing day - perfect if Santa brings you a bookstore gift card!  You can read my ARC review by clicking HERE.

THE VISITORS, by Catherine Burns.  My review of this creepy book can be found HERE

THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME, by Fredrik Backman. With faint whisperings of ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE, this very short novella has a definite Christmas feel.  My review can be found HERE.

ELEVATION, by Stephen King. This is not standard Stephen King Horror fare. My review of this poignant novella is posted HERE.


Ramblings and Miscellany:


I posted a list of suggestions for non-book gifts for your favorite book lover HERE, because sometimes choosing a book for a reader is hard. I know my husband would have a hard time choosing a book for me. 

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

December is not a popular month for publishing a book, there was nothing to post in this category.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading AN ANONYMOUS GIRL, by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen.  I am listening to THE OTHER WOMAN, by Sandie Jones.  I still have a few reviews to catch up on as well.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment