Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday Summary - February 17 - 23, 2019


Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

Another week come and gone.  How is it that the days go by so fast, but winter seems to drag so slow?   

I remain behind in writing and posting reviews.  I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that I can catch up this week.  

Books Reviewed:

There were two reviews that I posted this week.

First is Joanna Schaffhausen's debut novel of suspense - The Vanishing Season.  A serial killer on the loose in a small town, and the only person to see it is herself a survivor of a serial killer. You can read my review HERE

The second review was also of an author's debut.  House On Fire, by Bonnie Kistler.  A suspenseful novel about a blended family and the loyalty of blood.  Is a blended family ever truly blended?  You can read my review in THIS POST.

Ramblings and Miscellany:

Nothing bookish this week.  Wednesday was Love Your Pet Day. Our little fur-baby is a recent addition to our family. Part of the reason I am behind in my reviews is all the shopping for food (we are having trouble finding one that she likes that is good for her and hypo-allergenic), and reading a lot of articles on house training an older dog.  The house training is going well though, and she is absolutely loved!



Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

Nothing this week.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading The Binding, by Bridget Collins.  I have just finished listening to Without Merit, by Colleen Hoover.  

I have a few books already published on deck. Smoke and Summons, by Charlie Holmberg - author of the Paper Magician series.  I am also looking at a crime thriller by Indie/small publisher author Ed Duncan, titled The Last Straw.  Of course there are also some ARCs lined up and I am always adding to the list. 

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment