Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2019

Sunday Summary - February 3 - 9, 2019

Sunday Monday Summary

Welcome to my Sunday Monday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.  

A late edition this week. 

We have spent a lot of time this week working with a local rescue to adopt a dog! I am so far behind in reading and reviews, but we have a very sweet dog in our family now. The requires some extra attention as despite her age (1 1/2 years) she is not yet housebroken, but we are all working on it. We spend a lot of time at the pet store as we realize what we want/need to make this a happy home for her, and family has been coming by to meet her. I also seem to be spending a lot of time reading articles on the Internet about house training an adult dog, what books to read on dog training and care, local vets and groomers (she is a Shih Tzu mix) etc.  A little time consuming at the moment, but I am sure that we will find our groove soon enough. She is such a darling 💓 Isn't she sweet?!




Books Reviewed:

She Rides Shotgun, by Jordan Harper. I really enjoyed this story. Part Thriller, part General fiction. I am always happy when a thriller gets me in the feels. Or general fiction keeps me on the edge of my seat. My review can be found HERE

Summer Hours at the Robbers Library, by Sue Halpern. A sort of love letter to the institution of libraries. My review can be found in THIS POST

I have finished a few other audiobooks, and reviews are pending. Actual reading is going slow, and my face is bruised from the Kindle falling on it while I try to read in bed at the end of the day. 



Ramblings and Miscellany:

Nothing This Week.

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

The Antidote,  by Shelley Sacker was published February 5th. I reviewed this YA Fantasy novel in a post HERE. I cannot get over how stunning the cover is on this one!

Don't Wake Up, by Liz Lawler  was also published on February 5th. - a disturbing thriller. My review can be found in THIS POST.

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am still reading House on Fire, by Bonnie Kistler. 

I have reviews to compose for The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen 38 1/4 Years Old, and Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment