Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday Summary - March 3 to 16, 2019

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the past week.

Last week I posted regrets and did not post a summary on Sunday.  The previous was not a good week at my home.  My dear son woke up Tuesday a bit snuffly - no big deal, nothing worth keeping him home from school for. That day around the end of lunch time,  at work my cell phone rings and my call display tells me it is the school. My sweet but not so graceful boy literally fell on his face! His poor sweet face was  a mess. I took him to our children's hospital to ensure that if his nose was broken it would heal correctly. Luckily it was swollen and bloody, but apparently not broken - so thankful for that! On Thursday I had him in for an urgent visit to the dentist to determine if his teeth required any attention as a result of this. His two top front teeth took the hit, and while intact, they were starting to color.  Luckily those were still "baby teeth" - my main concern was whether any damage was done to the permanent teeth which were on the verge of pushing those baby teeth out anyways. Thankful yet again for good news - his permanent teeth were not damaged. The snuffles he started out with, turned into a nasty head cold which he shared with us for good measure - my husband getting his for his birthday on Wednesday.  My mother's birthday was Saturday and we hosted a double birthday celebration/dinner despite being sick.  By Sunday, I just did not have it in me to post my weekly summary.  I just wanted to veg on the couch - and so I did.

Thankfully, this past week was a little better. How's your March going?


Books Reviewed:

I feel like I will never be fully caught up in my reviews! I think I am only one behind now...but I will be finishing another audiobook tomorrow and that might just put me back to being two behind....sigh.

The Silent Patient, by Alex Michaelides - A great debut thriller, see my review HERE.

The Care And Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls, by Anissa Gray - Touching and poignant. Read my review in THIS POST.

Beneath The Sugar Sky, by Seanan McGuire. Book three in The Wayward Children series of novellas. My thoughts on this book can be found HERE.

Before and Again, by Barbara Delinsky. This tale of forgiveness and loyalty is reviewed in THIS POST.


Ramblings and Miscellany:

Nothing really to report here.  I can't even seem to keep up with reviews lately! Hoping to get back on track soon. 


We did celebrate International Women's day on social media, as well as marking what would have been Douglas Adams birthday. Is it possible to mourn the loss of books he might have written?




Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

The Baggage Handler, by David Rawlings celebrated its Pub Day on March 5th. My review can be found HERE.

House On Fire, by Bonnie Kistler was released on March 12th. Click HERE for my review. 

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I have finished reading an digital ARC of The Binding, by Bridget Collins, - my review is pending. 

I am currently reading Smoke & Summons, by Charlie N. Holmberg, and listening to Let Me Lie, by Claire MacKintosh

On Deck to read is Little Darlings, by Melanie Golding and Romanov, by Nadine Brandes.  

The days are getting longer and the sun is getting warmer , Spring is definitely in the air!  Soon it will be warm enough to enjoy sitting outside with a good book! I love summer reading! I am anxious to see what books are going to be in everyone"s weekend bag/beach bag this summer!

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment