Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday Summary - December 30, 2018 to January 5, 2019

 

Sunday Summary

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.

Isn't it funny, how you can be on vacation and have even less time for reading?  I have had two weeks off from work, and yet...

The first week, was understandable of course.  All the Christmas hub-bub. Last minute shopping, getting together with friends, wrapping, cleaning, multiple family meals, O.K. fine.  But what happened in my second week off? Well, let's see...7-year old is off school, so there is no uninterrupted quiet time - it's easier to just surf social media. We spent a few pyjama days lounging around together watching all the Harry Potter movies (among others). My son is obsessed with Harry Potter! We are also reading the series as his bedtime stories every night.

My son also became accustomed to staying up a little later, which meant the time between his bedtime and mine was now greatly diminished.  Seriously, some days it was a struggle to stay awake longer than him! Hubby did not have the second week off, and was on night shift, which always bites into my time, even when my son is in his normal bed time routine. I no sooner get kiddo to bed, and I start prepping a second dinner for hubby so that he can have a decent meal before going to work. By the time hubby is out the door, I am good for about 4 pages before I fall asleep, my Kindle hitting me in the face. And that kid that stayed up late? He still gets up at the crack of dawn! What the heck?! He was usually up before I finished my first cup of coffee!

All those Audiobooks I listen to are done primarily while I commute, so not much getting done there either. 

Ah well, I am thankful for family spend time with.  As we return to our normal routines starting tomorrow, all will fall back into place. While I am "behind" in my normal reading for the past week, I know I will come close to my 2019 reading goals, as I based them pretty much on how I did this year - anything above that would be a bonus.  So here's hoping to break the 100 book (eBook, print, and Audiobooks combined) goal for 2019!


Books Reviewed:

I have completed and reviewed only one title since my last summary - but what a way to end 2018! 

AN ANONYMOUS GIRL, by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen. You can read my 5-star review in THIS POST

Ramblings and Miscellany:



Happy New Year!

I was looking back at 2018 - including my favorite books by genre, and ahead at 2019 - including my most anticipated (so far) in my last post of 2018. It can be seen HERE.

Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:

Nothing this week, but 2019 is shaping up to be an incredibly good year for book lovers, so stay tuned!

Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I am currently reading THE ANTIDOTE, by Shelley Sackier. This YA Fantasy will be available on February 5th.  

I am currently listening to TEAR ME APART, by J. T. Ellison

Next up to read is the Thriller DON'T WAKE UP, by Liz Lawler. This book will also be available February 5th. 

I hope you have all enjoyed the holiday season and had the opportunity to spend good times with good people - Oh, and a good book or two!

Happy Reading, 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment