Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sunday Summary - January 20 - 26, 2019



Happy Family Literacy Day! 






Yesterday I took my son on our regular trip to the library.  While I was there, I remembered a time when you could not take out library books if you owed late fines.  Those days are gone now (at least here), and I am glad for that, for some families might have problems paying those fines, even though they are usually small. I never mind paying my fines, I always feel that it goes to a good cause, and it is never very much. The thing is, now that they don't deny privileges for people who owe fines, I honestly don't know half the time how much - if any I owe.  But yesterday, my library was donating any fines paid to literacy programs in honor of Family Literacy Day today.  I made a point of asking if I owed, and paying my fine in person instead of online (where I might forget).  It felt even better to pay my library fines than it normally does 😊

Welcome to my Sunday Summary.  A look back on my bookish adventures for the week.


Despite the weather being its coldest all winter, we are starting to see the promise of spring.  The sun is rising a little earlier in the morning, and staying a little later in the evening. My poor frozen heart is leaping for joy at these tiny signs of warmer days ahead. Until then, I will take joy whenever time allows me, to cozy up on the couch with a blanket, a hot cup of tea, and a good book!



Books Reviewed:

I posted reviews for three books this week. 

Dont' Wake Up, by Liz Lawler.- This is a psychological thriller with a sinister plot.  You can read my review HERE.

The Au Pair, by Emma Rous - My review of this Thriller with a base of family dram can be found in THIS POST

i deviated from my more usual genres (which happens once in a while)  and reviewed this non-fiction expose of for-profit prisons  HERE.

Ramblings and Miscellany:





Advance Reading Copy (ARC) Books Previously Reviewed and Released this Week:


Nothing this week, but there are many books coming up soon! 
 
Currently Reading and Notable Titles on Deck:

I have finished reading The Baggage Handler, by David Rawlings.  Review to be posted soon

I am currently reading House on Fire, by Bonnie Kistler, and I am currently listening to The Grimoire of Kensington Market, by Lauren Davis.

Next on deck....I am so excited.....

I can't even....

My most anticipated read (so far at least) of 2019...

The Binding by Bridget Collins!!!!  My husband and son may have to fend for themselves once I start that one!


I hope you have a book you are excited about.

Happy Reading,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment